The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary,
and those who don't.
And there’s me, who pretends that she does!

After working hours, a few minutes of rest, I decided to put on my RM20 big rimmed glasses and an oversized shirt with black leggings and make an appearance for the birthday party.

The place was packed and it took us about 30 minutes of smiling awkwardly to people we call acquaintance, pushing through sweaty bodies and spilled liquor to get to our also crowded corner. I thought we would look funny in our glasses and out of place. How wrong I was, everyone there pretty much looks the same as our theme. Well, guess nerd's are back in style!

It was my first time in Bar Sonique, and chances are, those were my last.

The music was good, no doubt. The crowd was a fun bunch, I would not deny that.
But after awhile, you just feel the need to breathe. Look, I am not as young as I use to be. Women my age are sleeping at home content with life. But here I am, with drinks spilled and arguing with the bouncers.

The bouncers were the worst. They treated me like a freeloader. On most occasions I am. Not at that particular day.

As the night comes close to the end, the crowd has subsided. I decided to run downstairs and meet up with my friend. As I reached downstairs, I realized that my bladder has not been emptied. Oh my!

As I tried to enter, they stopped me and refusing an entry. I felt like as if I was 18 again. Even as I tried to reason with them that I was only out the door for like 3 minutes, my drinks are still upstairs and I haven’t even said goodbye to the birthday boy. Right….. Why should they care about that?

Even if the crowd has lessen, and since I got out, no one else entered.

I had to pee at the nearest petrol station and get a new pack of ciggs since I left mine there.
I will put on my geeky shirt and my big black rim glasses again. But I am never entering that place again.

Either way, kudos to the organizers and the birthday boy. The social outcasts surely had fun with all the amount of alcohol that were consumed. And my inner nerd were definitely revealed, as I was intimidated by the big bad men outside.
OoOoooh....
xoxo
Rollo T.